Thursday 13 September 2012

8 hours to Villalcazar de Sirga

I am the Tortuga, slow and steady, but I am mightily proud of my 28 kilometers today. I think I walked well starting at 5:53 in the starry darkness and finishing at 1:52 just as the Spanish sun announces siesta time.

I take lots of breaks and I felt that this giant bale of straw that fell off a wagon by the roadside was meant for me. By the way, I am always startled by the number of folks who do not know the difference between hay and straw...not that an urban person would have much chance to acquire that knowledge nor would they have much use for it. Still I am seized by a kind of shocked pity for them. Do you folks out there have different examples of such.

Watching the sunrise is one of the daily delights.

I seem to travel at 3.5 km. per hour. Mother never wanted me to travel with a fast crowd and it seems her wish has been granted.

5 comments:

  1. We city folk do know the difference between hay and hey. The bale of straw looks as if it was placed there just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb,
    You look Great. I am so proud of you. Waiting for you to get back. I am enjoying my new "Suit Job"!!!! Miss you and lots of love to you. Be happp and safe
    love-----Deepa the new sworn in Principal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelene was thrilled and excited to talk with you on FaceTime .

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one heck of a bale - glad I'm not trying to get it up onto the truck! Perfect for napping, though... But there's no grass, or whatever, growing under THOSE feet. They may not be the fastest, but they've got staying power! Love, as ever, JA

    ReplyDelete