Tuesday 4 September 2012

Stamps for camino passport

What is it about us that makes us love having a little book and collecting stamps? In the case of the camino, one gets a credentiale...a camino passport....and then collects stamps or sellos...which is pronounced say-yos...at stops along the way. Every time you ask to stay at an albergue which is an inexpensive...pilgrim-only dorm, they ask to see it and to stamp it. There are sellos available at some banks, bars, pharmacies, churches along the camino. Some spots even have do-it-yourself sello stamps. Yesterday, we met this man who had a little stand with a few cookies, a few figs and a sello station. He seemed to enjoy his gig.

At the end in Santiago, one presents the credentiale full of stamps and gets a compostela...but I will save that report when I have personal knowledge and experience. Meanwhile I collect my sellos in my already tattered credentiale which I keep in my money belt. It guards my belly button.

 

3 comments:

  1. Isn't interesting that if we saw him on the streets of Toronto we might avoid him but he looks absolutely charming at his little stand on the Camino.

    ReplyDelete
  2. liesferriman@hotmail.com8:12 pm, September 05, 2012

    I'm really enjoying reading your daily blogs about the simple pleasures in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barb... great pics... wonderful journey... love to see your adventure via the blog... Denis

    ReplyDelete