Monday 10 September 2012

800 000 years of HISTORY

Yesterday I passed thru Atapuerca, where anthropologists have recently discovered the oldest sample of humanoid remains.

There was a central hill with a 360 degree view surrounded by stone caves. if those stones could talk, what tales they could tell. today I am in Burgos where the museum has lots of artifacts.

Last night I stayed in a tiny village of perhaps 20 houses. It is called Ages and is just east of Burgos. The pilgrims gathered for supper. I hope those hominids of 800 000 years ago sometimes had as much fun as we did. Represented at the table were Ireland, Belgium, France, Spain, Hungary, Germany, Switzerland and Canada.

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The adventure just keeps on getting...more so! I open your posts first thing each morning - such fun to catch glimpses of your day! Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting so use to following your footsteps that I was lost yesterday when you didn't have any wifi connection. Great to see you're still having such fun and making new friends all the time

    ReplyDelete