Monday 3 September 2012

Red handkerchief and red wine

I am carrying with me a red handkerchief...soft cotton...and besides it reminds of the handkerchiefs that my Dad used to carry in the pocket of his overalls. Joanie bought this one for me from Value Village. There is a fair amount of sweat involved in this venture and I find the red hankie both sensible and sentimental. I have been tucking it under my left back pack strap where it is handy as nose or brow dictates. I lost it yesterday morning and was inconsolable, although there was no one with me to try. Just as well. I made quite a scene and then pulled myself together. I decided to focus on the horizon, and the steeple ahead. That led to my deciding to take a picture. As I took off my backpack, there was the hankie inside my hat that had been dangling and flopping for a good while. At that moment, a fellow pilgrim came along and I asked her to capture the moment.





Down below are the vineyards of Rioja. In this region red wine is included in the price of a meal. Red Rioja is treated like the little basket of bread and the pitcher of water in the daily special. Agua, Pane, Vino Inclu!

2 comments:

  1. Another magic moment along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How civilized, including bread, water, and Rioja with the special! Have you found tasty foods, too? Maybe you'll blog about the traveling rations, one day.

    ReplyDelete