Thursday 6 September 2012

Left, right, left, right, left...repeat as necessary

There is an unrelenting quality to the walking that is testing me to the limit. With the backpack, the hills, the heat, the wind, the toes, the hydrating....there is always something. We have left the lush the green hills of Rioja grape harvest for dry, dusty and hot Burgos.

A cool Spanish breeze dries my burning feet on today's trek. The band aids are used preventatively. My feet are tender but so far no blisters. I was unprepared for uphill sections with pack so I just puff and sweat and keep going.

A fellow pilgrim and I wash our feet. Remember all those Sunday School stories about foot washing. I such a dusty hot climate, it is a delicious thing.

Back on the camino

Today is the second anniversary of my operation. What a blessing to be free of that extra weight.

4 comments:

  1. You are still smiling! What a wonderful adventure you are having. I wll bet that many of us wish we were with you. Happy anniversary, and many many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing way to celebrate your anniversary. I must say you look in great spirits and great shape.
    Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, and happy anniversary! Does your surgeon have your blog address? He must take delight in the changes some of his patients are able to make - you are an amazing example!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! And happy feet! Thanks for sharing your impressions and sentiments.

    ReplyDelete